This year's Service Day takes place on Friday, Aug. 27, 2021.
All College Park Scholars begin their college experience by completing a day of community service. A Scholars tradition that is 25 years old, Service Day reflects our commitment to service and the importance of community, two of our founding values.
Ultimately, students get a chance to bond with new classmates and faculty and staff in their Scholars program while making a difference in nearby communities.
Service Day Meals
Pick up your breakfast and lunch on the morning of Service Day before you meet your group.
- If you are a student living in a residence hall, you will pick up a breakfast and boxed lunch at the North Campus Diner, unless you pre-ordered a kosher meal.
- If you are a commuter or you ordered a kosher meal, you will pick up a breakfast and boxed lunch outside of Cumberland Hall, at the check-in tables on the Cambridge Community quad.
What to Bring
In all instances, please check site-specific requirements below.
- Wear your Scholars t-shirt (which you will pick up at Playfair) and clothes that can get dirty
- Wear closed-toe shoes (no sandals, flip flops, high heels or Crocs)
- No sleeveless shirts, tank tops or shirts that expose midriff
- Face masks will be required for some sites, as well as on the bus to off-campus Service Day sites
- Bring water in reusable water bottle
- Bring allergy or other medications, if appropriate
- Consider wearing or bringing sunscreen and insect repellant, if your site is outdoors
- A backpack to keep lunch and water is recommended