This year's Service Day will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 25, 2023 at various locations. Please refer to your specific Scholar program's Service Day page for more information about your Service Day site.
All College Park Scholars begin their college experience by completing a day of community service. A Scholars tradition that is 25 years old, Service Day reflects our commitment to service and the importance of community, two of our founding values.
Ultimately, students get a chance to bond with new classmates and faculty and staff in their Scholars program while making a difference in nearby communities.
Service Day Meals
Students will have a fresh breakfast available in the Yahentimitsi Dining Hall starting at 7:00am, and will pick up a boxed lunch as they leave Yahentimitsi.
- If you are a student living in a residence hall, you will report directly to Yahentimitsi for breakfast and pick up your boxed lunch as you leave.
- If you are a commuter student, you will pick up a meal ticket at the check-in tables outside Cumberland Hall and then proceed to Yahentimitsi for breakfast and to pick up your lunch.
What to Bring
In all instances, please check site-specific requirements below.
- Wear your Scholars t-shirt (which you will pick up at Scholars Under the Lights) and clothes that can get dirty
- Wear closed-toe shoes (no sandals, flip flops, high heels or Crocs)
- No sleeveless shirts, tank tops or shirts that expose midriff
- Face masks may be required for some sites
- Bring water in reusable water bottle
- Bring allergy or other medications, if appropriate
- Consider wearing or bringing sunscreen and insect repellant, if your site is outdoors
- A backpack to keep lunch and water is recommended