As a member of the Student Advisory Board, you have the opportunity to serve your peers, your program, and the Scholars community.
What is the role of the Student Advisory Board?
- Provide student voices to the Scholars Executive Director and Central Staff
- Communicate curricular, extracurricular, and noteworthy components of your program experiences to the Executive Director and to other board members.
- Assist in the management of Scholars-wide events such as Service Day and the Scholars Cup and its fundraising efforts.
- Respond to incidents, concerns, or issues within the Cambridge Community or on campus.
What are the expectations Student Advisory Board members?
- Attend biweekly meetings on Friday afternoons.
- Participate in community events organized by the Student Advisory Board
- Serve on Student Advisory Board subcommittee such as Academic Affairs; Activities; or Advocacy.
What is the structure of the Student Advisory Board?
The Student Advisory Board consists of one freshman and one sophomore representative from each College Park Scholars program. In addition, one freshman and one sophomore serve as commuter representatives.
Contact the Student Advisory Board
Any additional questions, please contact: Jeany Cadet, Coordinator, 1132 Cumberland Hall, 301-314-1522