Requests to Change Assigned Scholars Program

If you have been placed into a Scholars program and wish to be placed into a different Scholars program, you may make a request to change programs. College Park Scholars cannot guarantee that your request will be honored. Determinations will be made as space is available.

Download Request to Change Programs Form

Submit Request to Change Programs Form

The College Park Scholars Request to Transfer Form can be sent via email to, via fax to 301-314-9843, or in the mail to Scholars Request to Change Programs Form, College Park Scholars, 1125 Cumberland Hall, University of Maryland, College Park MD 20742-9331.

Notification about Requests to Transfer

We cannot guarantee that you will be notified about the decision regarding your request to change programs before May 1. We will contact you through the email address the university has on file. Please make sure this email address is up to date.

Orientation and Housing

Regardless of the status of your request to change programs, you should submit your housing application prior to the May 1 deadline and register for an Orientation program. If we are able to place you in Scholars, we will work with you and the Department of Resident Life to update your housing assignment.