College Park Scholars recently announced designated charities for this year’s 19th Annual “Step Up to Bat for Kids” Charity Softball Tournament, scheduled for May 7, 2016.
The Charity Softball Tournament, started in 1998, has donated over $35,000 to charities who deal with the health and welfare of children and families locally and around the world.
Each Scholars program is committed to raising funds on behalf of their selected charity. For every $10 raised, programs receive points to add to their Scholars Cup total.
Check out the list of charities below.
- Arts: Joe’s Movement Emporium
- Business, Society and the Economy: Mountain Top Music Center
- Environment, Technology and the Economy: Food Recovery Network
- Global Public Health: Childhood Brain Tumor Foundation
- International Studies: Jeremy’s Run
- Life Sciences: Tomorrow’s Children Fund
- Media, Self and Society: Book Aid International
- Public Leadership: to be decided in the spring
- Science, Discovery and the Universe: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Science and Global Change: Sierra Club
- Science, Technology and Society: Stem Action
- Justice & Legal Thought: A Wider Circle